The St.Gallen Key Account Management Concept
The competence center Inhouse and Customised Programs consistently uses the St.Gallen Key Account Management concept developed at the University of St.Gallen (HSG) in consulting and training projects.
Our key account management concept, which is based on scientific knowledge and experience from numerous consulting and training projects, has proven itself in practice for many years. It offers systematic assistance in structuring the tasks and challenges at KAM. The holistic approach takes into account both the perspective of the entire organization and that of the key account managers.
The St.Gallen Key Account Management concept promotes cooperation with your key customers and is made up of the six S’s (Screening, Strategy, Solutions, Skills, Structures, Scorecard). As a tried-and-tested framework model, it offers you the opportunity to actively design, introduce and optimise a systematic KAM approach in your own company.
Corporate Key Account Management
At the level of the overall organization, the St.Gallen Key Account Management concept distinguishes between the following six aspects:
- Examination of the requirements for successful key account management
- Selecting and prioritizing key accounts
- Definition of key-account-specific service bundles
- Creation of career paths and systematic training and further education opportunities for key account managers
- Defining the organizational and operational structures for the KAM
- Provision of the systems necessary for successful key account management
Operative Key Account Management
At the level of key account managers, the following six aspects are involved:
- Systematic analysis of the requirements, needs, value creation processes, strategy and buying center of key customers
- Developing customer-specific processing strategies based on a systematic analysis
- Creation of value-added service packages and their sale
- Building up and expanding personal skills
- Configuration and coordination of cross-functional key account management teams
- Measuring the success of key account management
You can download the St.Gallen Key Account Management Concept including the explanations of the six S’s (Screening, Strategy, Solutions, Skills, Structures, Scorecard) free of charge. Successful KAM optimization is characterized by a clear focus on the most effective levers, while at the same time taking into account the effectiveness of success and cost/income ratio:
Das St.Galler Key Account Management Konzept
Belz, Müllner, Zupancic (2015)
We would be pleased to advise you whether participation in the open executive education Intensive Seminar Excellence in Key Account Management or a company-specific training and consulting in Key Account Management is more suitable for achieving your goals.