If not explicitly excluded, all topics may be addressed in English or German language.
Would you like to become inspired by topics that we officially announce? No big deal, our hub lists these and allows for direct application.
Supervision is available only on a limited basis. Self-chosen topics are assessed on the basis of an exposé (approx. 3 pages) and are only accepted selectively.
Before you begin, please make sure that you fulfill the following requirements:
- Make sure you know and comply with the rules and regulations of the student office with regard to your specific program.
- Be ready to start working on your thesis (more than 50% share of work time per week) within the next three months.
- Be willing and actively plan to complete your thesis within 9 months after you’ve started your work.
- Theses can be written in English or German depending on mutual agreement with your supervisor.
If you fulfill the above requirements, we invite you to continue with the application process.
- Fill out this questionnaire.
This form requires you to write a first draft of your disposition. The next page contains guidance on how to do this. You may want to continue to the next page, print it out and work on your disposition for a couple of days in an external word processing application or even by hand. Once you feel happy with the result, come back and copy / paste the results into the questionnaire.
- Email confirming your submission.
As soon as you submit your data, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Evaluation feedback in 7 days.
Within the next 7 days, you will receive feedback regarding your disposition including a decision on whether we can offer you a thesis placement. Please keep in mind that we cannot accept all applications since we have limited capacities. Even in case of a rejection, you will have a copy of your disposition as well as our feedback that will be helpful when applying to another supervisor.
- Should you receive a positive feedback: meeting & completion of your disposition.
As a general rule, „feedback“ means receiving a proposal for a personal appointment with your future supervisor. After your appointment, you will revise your disposition draft and hand it back in with your filled-out and signed sign-up sheet (see student office’s web pages) via email to your supervisor. We will print out your registration form, sign it on our site and return it to you so that you can submit it to the student office. On request, this can also be done by email.